Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Blessing of Allume

Wow. I have taken a break from my blog routine these past months because of major changes in our life at home. In May, my husband went back to work full time and I left the PR agency I thought I would be at until I retired for a new opportunity God had in store. I launched Sheran Communications with a focus on helping causes communicate and within two days I signed my first client working as a contractor 20 hours per week managing web and social communications for All About Developmental Disabilities (AADD). Now, you may know this subject is near and dear to my heart as I have a son who has Down syndrome. 

I cannot tell you what a blessing it was to spend the summer working part-time for AADD and having so much home time with my kids. As summer ended, I began to take on more clients and more responsibilities. I recently went on board as an employee with AADD as its director of marketing and communications, and with a flexible schedule, I am able to keep my business going to and have been learning to juggle my work responsibilities and all the kids activities. Needless to say, the past nine weeks have been a blur of activities, deadlines and craziness! 

I am writing a lot! But I haven't been able to nurture this blog or my business blog or quite honestly myself and my family. With change, comes chaos as we figure out how the new pieces all fit. While it seems to be coming together, I am really looking forward to next week, when I leave for a three day Christian blogger conference called Allume. It will be my third time attending and I'm really looking forward to the friendship, teaching and challenge I will experience over the weekend. 

I know I'll be refreshed, inspired, I'll meet amazing women and make new friends, I will grow in my writing, I will be challenged, I will find great causes to support. These are just some of the things I am looking forward to about Allume. This year I am attending with my friend Kristy McCarley, founder of Shazzy Fitness, a Christian Hip Hop Dance DVD series and the lead choreographer of the series Apollo Levine. I am ready to get my groove on with them and share the hospitality of fitness with the women of Allume.


For my Allume friends who are packing, here is a packing list that should help you out. And don't forget to pack your dancing shoes and follow #ShazzyFitness for pop up fitness opportunities during Allume.

No comments:

Post a Comment