Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September is Build A Better Breakfast Month

September is noted as "Build a Better Breakfast Month." Since we are also back into a season of hectic schedules and I have embarked on a 90-day fitness challenge, I thought I'd share one of my breakfast secrets. I like to make egg muffins in advance on Sundays so that I have a protein-packed, quick breakfast for us to grab and go on hectic mornings.
First, I combine eggs, a little water (some use milk), salt, pepper and whatever veggies I have on hand that I can dice and chop. Whisk until blended. I sometimes include some ham, turkey or bacon as well and sprinkle cheese on top (Feta is great). 

 Pour mixture into a liquid measuring cup and then pour into muffin tins (I like using silicon muffin cups). Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.

The egg muffins just pop right out. Store in fridge and they are ready when you need a quick breakfast or snack.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment