Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September Date Night Idea: Go See The Song

So, I haven't been blogging here as much during this busy season of launching my own business and transitioning to working from home and taking over the after school duties with the kids. I have so much I want to write about, such as my experience at the National Down Syndrome Convention this summer and reviews of all the products I brought home with me. So, please stay tuned.

In the meantime, I thought I would share about a movie I had the opportunity to preview earlier this summer called The Song. It is a real and gritty film about love, passion and getting lost in ambition. It is also about brokenness and restoration. True to its title, the film is a bout a singer/songwriter, Jed King, who finds sudden fame and all that comes with it. In the process, he loses himself and drifts far away from those he loves and the promises he made to them.


Filmed on location in Nashville and Kentucky, the movie showcases a strong musical score to guide us along a moving and at times haunting storyline. This film was really well done. It opens in theaters September 26. Find a location near you here.

On the movie website resource page there are small group and church study kits for further exploration of the movie's theme, based on the Song of Solomon. The studies explain God's plan for relationships, love and marriage and explores dating, romance, intimacy, conflict, restoration and commitment. A personal journal is also available. There is also a six-week devotional available for couples.

I encourage you to plan a date night on September 26 and go see The Song then plan to go get drinks or coffee afterward and check in with each other after the film. May you have good discussion. Come back and tell me what you thought of the movie!



No comments:

Post a Comment