Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Behind the Scenes Tour of Hobby Lobby

Earlier this year, I had the opportunity to tour the amazing headquarters of Hobby Lobby in Oklahoma City. It was a really neat experience.  Today, I am sharing some of that behind-the-scenes tour.



The headquarters complex is massive. I toured the corporate offices and main warehouse. One things that is really neat is they have a full size store inside the warehouse completely set up with merchandise just as it is in the store. They test placement , displays, etc. to try to create the best I store experience.


Hobby Lobby also designs and manufactures much of its own merchandise, eliminating the middle man which results in lower prices and a lower bottom line for the business. I got to see the process from a design idea to the resulting products. For example one design pattern could end up as a sheet of card stock, a reem of fabric, a element if jewelry, a piece of print art, and so forth.

Next, crafters and designers take those unique products and create cool projects for the Hobby Lobby website and idea magazines, etc. I have to admit I was a little jealous of the people whose job it is to come up with fun craft projects all day!


My favorite spot was the scrapbook merchandising room. Each store has managers for the different speciality areas such as sewing, framing, holiday decor and scrapbooking. Tip: If you don't see something you want on the shelf, be sure to ask for the store's section manager - such as the scrapbook manager- and they can communicate to corporate what the consumer product demand is.


While on my tour, I spotted a few things I would like to create. Here is a welcome sign made out of Scrapbooking supplies. It's another way to use up my stash of product! I really like the layers of patterned and textured paper , fun stamps and the dimensional floral elements. I would put this in a beautiful frame and put it in my front entry. I'm thinking of doing different versions with patterns that match the season.


I hope you enjoyed my mini tour behind the scenes of one of my favorite craft stores! 


If you want more creative inspiration jump on over to www.mommyiscoocoo.com where I am so excited to be co-hosting the Come Grow Your Circles Google+ party today. If you are a creative blogger looking to grow your circles -  join us at  on Wed. and link up your g+ profile.
Are you looking to grow your circles on Google+?  Do you want better SEO and increased website exposure? This is the place to be!  Welcome to the http://www.mommyiscoocoo.com/" mommy is coocoo circles hop.

*Update we've created a facebook group for Creative bloggers who google+.  Message  https://www.facebook.com/mommyiscoocoo" target="_blank">here
 with your email address if you would like to be in to the group.

If you want to get coocoo with us on Google+:

1. Add all of the cohost to one of your circles.

2. Link up your Google+ url NOT your blog url.

3. Share a creative post (i.e. posts about cooking, DIY, crafts, etc...) to the public on Google+ and include the hashtag #mommyiscoocoo.

4. Socialize - The more shares a website or blog post has the better chance it has of ranking well.

  • Add new friends to your circles.

  • Comment and Share posts you really enjoy!

  • Throughout the day +1 posts with the hashtag #mommyiscoocoo on Google+
  • *If you want to grow your presence on Google+ email Amanda at mommyiscoocoo(at)gmail(dot)com to cohost.
       

    No comments:

    Post a Comment